Born: 3rd April 1998
Location: Sydney, NSW
Favourite discipline: Road
Gordon is a Para-Cyclist who has mild Cerebral Palsy which affects the muscles on the right side of his body, putting him into the C3 Classification for cycling. He started riding a bike in 2010 and took up cycling seriously late in 2013. He has raced in both the road and track disciplines for the past 2 years at a state and national level. As Para-Cycling has no age categories he is always racing in an open field against much older competitors.
Gordon trains 6 days a week which includes track and road training as well as club racing. He is a student at Patrician Brothers College Blacktown and will be completing year 12 in 2016. His goal is to represent Australia at both Paralympic Games and World Championships, with Tokyo 2020 being the main target.
- Medallist at the Australian Para-Cycling Road Championships.
- 2 x Medallist at the Australian Para-Cycling Track Championships.
- 4 x C3 NSW State Champion on the track.
Upcoming competitions 2015/16:
- 2016 NSW Para-Cycling Track Championships and aiming to be selected into the state team for the Australian championships.
- 2016 Australian Para-Cycling Road Championships (Road and Time Trial)