Cassandra Law from Green Brick Road Health will be bringing our Pure Edge community lots of delicious recipes. Cassandra is a qualified nutritionist and looks forward to sharing healthy and tasty recipes with you all.
These delicious protein packed truffles are a great go to treat if you are feeling like a sweet hit or as a post workout snack. The Super-Greens blend contains Organic Alfalfa grass, Wheat grass, Barley grass, Spirulina & Chlorella powder, which aids in energy production as well as being a good source of fibre and a rich source of phytochemicals.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Pure Edge Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1-2tbsp Phyto-Greens (Or any other greens blend)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup organic cranberries (or rasins)
- 3/4 cup medjool dates, pitted (around 7-8 dates) soaked in hot water to soften
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of fine salt
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Place the almond meal, cacao, protein powder, phyto-greens, almonds and cranberries in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the almonds break down and the mixture is combined.
- Next, add the rice malt syrup, dates and coconut oil and blend until the mixture forms thick crumbs (don’t overdo it too much as you’ll lose the crunchy almond pieces).
- Then, shape the mixture into balls by rolling with the palms of your hands. (You can add a bit of water to your hands to make it easier for rolling). Roll your balls into the extra cacao for coating.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Cassandra Law – Green Brick Road Health