The heading says it all; Salted, Chocolate and Nut butter in the same sentence and its good for you!? Yes it is true! Made with magnesium dense cacao and all natural peanut butter, topped with Pink Himalayan rock salt for essential minerals, this may be your secret decedent healthy hit! Added with Pure Edge Chocolate or Vanilla Whey Protein powder and your good to go for the afternoon hunger filler or for a delicious treat after dinner.
-1¾ cups oats ground into flour
-¾ cup almond nut butter (or any other nut butter.)
-1/4 cup cacao powder (more if you like it Choclatey!)
-1/2 cup Organic maple syrup
-¼ cup melted coconut oil
-40g Pure Edge Chocolate or Vanilla protein powder
-¾ Pink Himalayan salt
-1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup whole walnuts
1) Line a baking dish with baking paper & toast nuts for 7-10 mins at 180 degrees and remove & chop them up roughly.
2) To make the bars – In a medium saucepan, add nut butter, cacao, maple syrup & coconut oil and stir frequently on medium heat. Remove from heat once all combined.
4) Next, add in oat flour, protein powder, vanilla extract and chopped walnuts, stirring really well to combine all ingredients.
5) Pour mixture into lined baking dish & flatten down until really packed tightly. You can sprinkle some more salt on top if you like.
6) Place in freezer to set for 1/2-1 hr. When set, remove and chop up. This can then be stored in a air-tight container in the fridge.
Cassandra Law – Green Brick Road